- Robert I. Berkman and Christopher A. Shumway, Digital Dilemmas: Ethical Issues for Online Media Professionals (Ames: Iowa State Press, 2003), ch. 6, “Intellectual Property and Copyright,” 173-217.
- Cory Doctorow, "Lockdown: The Coming War on General Purpose Computing, Boingboing.net Lockdown
- Lawrence Lessig, The Future of Ideas: The Fate of the Commons in a Connected World: Chapter 1: Free, 3-16. Free
- Spar, Ruling the Waves, ch. 5 “The last Stand of the Cyberpunks,” 244-286.
- Cindy Cohn, NYT 7/25/13 “Should Reddit Be Blamed for the Spreading of a Smear?” http://www.nytimes.com/2013/07/28/magazine/should-reddit-be-blamed-for-the-spreading-of-a-smear.html?ref=magazine&_r=1&
- EFF Foundation, MIT in Aaron Swartz Case: Not Neutral, Not Leading, Not Standing Up for Technologists https://www.eff.org/deeplinks/2013/07/mit-aarons-swartz-case-not-neutral-not-leading-not-standing-technologists
- “Bruce A Williams and Michael X. Deli Caprini, “Real Ethical Concerns and Fake News: The Daily Show and the Challenge of the New Media Environment, in Amarasingam, Amarnath Stewart/Colbert Effect : Essays on the Real Impacts of Fake News (Jefferson , NC: McFarland & Company), 181-192. EBook: Access Online: http://RE5QY4SB7X.search.serialssolutions.com/?V=1.0&L=RE5QY4SB7X&S=JCs&C=TC0000525882&T=marc
- “Who Owns Comedy,” Backstory 5/20/13 http://soundcloud.com/backstory/who-owns-comedy-from-patent
- Compare your own reaction to online piracy to your twitter character’s reaction.